Thursday, August 10, 2006

Camp preview

It won't be quite as intense as the last camp I went to years ago, but I'm off to camp this weekend. Five games in three days with better-than-me refs barking at me about my every move. There's a lot to look forward to here.

At the end of last season, here were my four areas I wanted to work on:

1. Mechanics. I'm too loosey-goosey, and since I can't use my voice, I need to overcompensate with perfect, crisp, confident motions. I will have perfect posture on the floor and exude confidence.
2. Screens. I want to get those rules cold, and enforce them confidently.
3. NO MORE CALLING ACROSS THE KEY AS LEAD unless it's an egregious miss by a partner.
4. Shooters. I can't let my eyes follow the shot. More than one evaluator caught me doing this, and it's inexcusable.

Well, my plan is to be on those this weekend and to come up with a couple other areas of improvement. I studied screens today, and they weren't as complex as I remember them being. I will try to be a mechanics stud, and being videotaped in one of the games will be very helpful. #s 3 and 4 are just a matter of being disciplined with my eyes.

This is going to be a great camp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add Me! - Search Engine Optimization