Thursday, July 23, 2009

Supreme Court Judges as umpires...part two

During the John Roberts confirmation hearing, when he compared the job of a Supreme Court Justice to that of a baseball umpire, I took some time to wade through the comparison.

Now the judge/umpire comparisons are on the loose again due to Sonia Sotomayor's confirmation hearings.

But this time, As They See 'Em author Bruce Weber writes an interesting examination of the comparison in the New York Times.

(By the way, have you read his book yet?)

4 Comments:

At 8:14 AM, Anonymous Massref said...

Read the Weber book. Loved it immensely.

Going right now to read the Times article.

 
At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

read supreme court act and rule.


Get More Details

 
At 5:51 AM, Anonymous Massref said...

Been a long time since we've heard from you. . .

There must be something baby-related that somehow relates to basketball. A post about dribbling, perhaps? :-)

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger BloggingRef said...

Indeed, Massref. There's even been stuff to blog about--the breathless criticism of missed baseball calls, the NBA strike and coverage--but I haven't had more than a minute to gather my thoughts.

I'm gonna do my rules test this weekend and get some scrimmages in in November. I considered cutting back or stopping entirely for time with baby and support of wife, but wife said "You like this too much. On the nights when you can't make it home, baby and I will head out to join you for a pre-game sub sandwich." I married up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add Me! - Search Engine Optimization