Friday, February 24, 2006

New Officiating Blog

A European colleague who calls himself bballref has started his own officiating blog, with the promising title of "First Talk, Then T." I've added him to the sidebar.

He puts me to shame in a couple of ways. First of all, English is the guy's second language, yet he's writing a blog in it. Also, he is a professional referee in his home country, which means he's doing games at a much higher level than I am...better basketball, more intensity, more pressure. I'll learn a lot from reading him, and it'll be a different experience from reading about my high school girls' games. In short, if you've liked what I've been doing, you'll like what Bballref is up to as well. And since my season just ended, and with PIAARef's blog fallen off the radar screen (I hope not permanently), this would be a great time to follow along with him.

I'm grateful that he has given me mad props, though, saying that I helped inspire him to write his blog. Indeed, looking at my Statcounter hits, Bballref has been a regular visitor (there's only one visitor from Europe, so I know your hometown, Bballref!). He's also called me "the first officiating blog ever." Not sure that's accurate (the soccer blogs at right are far older than I am), but I do think I can claim credit for the first basketball officiating blog in history.

And now that I've inspired some others to put their game logs on-line, I'm proud and glad to have started this up.

Best of luck, Bballref.

2 Comments:

At 3:08 PM, Blogger TeacherRefPoet said...

Crazy--I thought you were Bballref!

Bballref is a recent visitor who is also from Europe.

Thanks for visiting as always! When does the season run in Sweden?

 
At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add Me! - Search Engine Optimization