Sunday, February 24, 2008

Ranking

For the first time, I am peer ranking.

HATE IT. HATE IT.

I don't like the idea that, even as I encourage new folks on the floor, I have to come home and give them a bad score. I didn't mind it back when I was an outside evaluator, and I didn't much mind a well-thought out, constructively critical evaluation from an outside evaluator. But evaluate a guy I'm on the floor with? Sorry, I'm too busy.

Of course, it doesn't help that I didn't know I'd be called upon to do this until the season was mostly over...so I have murky memories of a lot of the partners. Looking back on this blog helped, but I try to avoid talking too much about partners here...this is about my work, not theirs, and in the event my anonymity is ever blown, I don't want to have any "man, this guy sucks" sitting here.

Anyway. I just did it. And, if given an opportunity, I'll lobby to remove it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add Me! - Search Engine Optimization