Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Need a little help--de facto caseplay I'll see in boys' games

Here's one that never happens with girls, and that I'll need to get right for boys.

Defender jumps straight up.

Shooter driving jumps quite a ways away, headed towards a layup or dunk.

The two collide in midair. Big collision...both players wind up with limbs flailing. Shooter gets off a shot.

By the book, this is a player control foul, since the defender is entitled to his vertical space.

How is it called in the real world? How do you call it? What do you look for?


At 5:58 AM, Anonymous Massref said...

If the defender goes down, I have a PC if the shooter went THROUGH the defender. If the shooter went by sort of at an angle, and the contact wasn't directly on the defender's torso, I probably have nothing.

If the shooter hits the defender square in the torso, but bounces off and the defender is not displaced, I have nothing, even if the shooter goes down awkwardly. (It's his own fault.)

At 6:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Player control or no-call. Definitely not a defensive foul. In my experience watching college, though, they tend to call this on the defense.


Post a Comment

<< Home

Add Me! - Search Engine Optimization