Thursday, January 28, 2010

Game Log 1/25/2010: Junior high stuff

I'm a few days behind on my game logs--I'm finding that a boy on sleep strike makes it difficult to blog at night after the games. But I remember enough about these games to know there wasn't a serious problem. Coaches behaved well and kids (8th and 7th grade boys) were surprisingly talented. The second game came down to a last shot. I was lead when a kid for the team trailing by one drove and tried to force a shot. Not much contact on the shot by the defender, who knocked the ball out of bounds. Blue ball. They missed three shots in the final five seconds thereafter, and the kid who drove on my no-call was none too pleased, but I'd do it again.

Pet peeve: parents who stand back behind the baseline and bitch--in a gym with inadequate seating, there's not much to be done.

I also debuted new shoes in these games. Have a blister on top of my right big toe, but no sign of tendon trouble. Hooray.

THINGS I DID WELL: Call selection, stayed in area
THINGS TO WORK ON: Keeping up with quick, turnover-plagued boys

NEXT: It already happened. JV/Varsity girls tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add Me! - Search Engine Optimization