Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Game Log 1/23/2007: Unmemorable junior high

The games I had yesterday were so routine that I forgot to blog about them. The 9th grade game was nice and smooth--quite enjoyable, easy to officiate. I called one block I shouldn't have...girl had verticality. Need to be much more patient with the whistle. The second game had a lot of unskilled kids (both massive rosters clearly had a no-cut policy). We had to let a good number of travels go. I had a policy that I'd let a third step go on the perimeter, if the kid was sputtering to a stop--but that I'd call it in the post. We stuck to it. Had very few fouls to call. Both games, actually. It was like stealing money.

THINGS I DID WELL: Adjusted calls to game's need. Good coach communication.
THINGS TO WORK ON: Verticality. Staying focused in easy game.
NEXT UP: Well, next up has already happened...see immediately above.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add Me! - Search Engine Optimization