Saturday, January 13, 2007

Cricket update

A ways back, I told you about a cricket umpire who declared a ball tampered with, which resulted in a forfeit by Pakistan in a big match against England. I also promised to keep track of the news about it, although I did not promise to understand any of it.

An investigation revealed the ball was not tampered with (although the evidence looks borderline, according to this article). He's in the news today because he will umpire at a one-day series in Kenya...but he's through as a full international umpire.

Meanwhile, the Pakistani skipper who refused to take the field in a timely manner has been given a suspension for "disrepute."

I'd love to give an opinion on all of this, but to do so, I'd have to relive my whole life and be born somewhere else. But hey--a promise is a promise, and now I've come through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add Me! - Search Engine Optimization