Saturday, October 28, 2006

This was nice...

Today, an official who made me look bad on the floor in one of my games over the summer (and whose sins are included in the Worst Possible Partner post) approached me.

"I've been thinking about what happened at that game we did, and I wanted to apologize. I should have handled it differently; been more supportive on the floor. I've learned a lot from it. I didn't want to do it over email or on the phone, so I'm telling you now."

Nice. I taught a good official--someone way ahead of me on the list, and with far more experience--something about being a partner. And the apology is nice. With an apology, I can forgive and forget (without, I would simply forgive).

We shook hands. I told the official that he/she could be my partner anytime. I meant it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add Me! - Search Engine Optimization