Monday, November 13, 2006

Tryin' to get back into shape...

There's about 11 days before my first game of the real season. That's plenty of time!

At the school where I teach, I've decided to show up (with permission, of course) at some boys' and girls' practices. The coach says I can run with the team during scrimmages. I won't call fouls, but I'll watch closely and get my eyes and body back into full high-school shape.

Today was the first day of practice, so there wasn't any scrimmaging. So I headed to a nearby stairway and ran up and down the stairs--30 of them--55 times over about an hour and a half. I'd do ten, then rest and stretch, then do ten, then rest and stretch again. It's possible this isn't the best way to get into shape, but hey, I figure if I do that every day for the next ten, it's a good bet I won't be sucking wind come next weekend.

1 Comments:

At 5:05 AM, Blogger tommyspoon said...

Just be careful with your knees and ankles! Be sure to use the balls of your feet to support your weight. And it might be a good idea to take a 15-20 minute walk afterwards to let your joints get back into a normal range of motion.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add Me! - Search Engine Optimization