Monday, December 10, 2007

Will this season ever begin?

I was slated to open up the season tomorrow with a freshman boys' game. But early on at work today, well, I started feeling sick. I was cold and shivery and, while I could walk, it took some effort.

So damned if I didn't have to call the assignor tonight. I said I had to call in sick for work tomorrow, and I know 24 hours isn't a lot of notice, and that there would likely be a fine...

He said: "Nope. You're letting me know. I'll take care of it."

He's a good man. I take back any snide remarks I said in the previous couple of posts.

So now I open the season on Friday, 12/21, unless there are locusts or tornadoes or other bizarre events keeping me from the court.

I still do want to ref, I swear. But it ain't happening.

Back to my 101.7 fever. Feed, drown, or starve? I'll try all three.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add Me! - Search Engine Optimization