Saturday, February 20, 2010

Massive ovation for me

Had a freshman girls' game slated for Thursday.

My brother was in from out of town with his family, and I invited him out to watch me work. The game was a ways out in the boonies--far, far from their hotel--so I was flattered they came out. I met them for a pre-game meal. My brother asked if he could passionately, loudly cheer for us when we came out. I said "please, please don't."

On top of the fact I was being watched, I was eager to end the season on a good note. We were on are way there--we got there early, had a good pre-game, and headed to gym #2.

When I got there, there were no teams, no coaches, and no nothing...just my brother and his family.

Clearly, there was a scheduling snafu.

So I figured--what the hell. As I walked onto the empty floor, I put my hands above my head and started running around the court, getting all the applause I possibly could from the only four people in the gym. They did not disappoint. It was loud.

Two minutes later, a freshman coach came in and said "didn't they tell you the visiting team doesn't have a freshman squad?"

Nope, they didn't. So, while I'm happy to get paid for not working, and I'm pleased to have a mistake-free night where I didn't even break a sweat, I'd have rather had the game, especially since I inconvenienced my brother. But the big ovation was nice.

Net result: my season is over. And I'll blog a season-in-review within a couple days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add Me! - Search Engine Optimization