Thursday, March 01, 2007

Cornbread Maxwell needs a benching

For this.

After disagreeing with one of Violet Palmer's calls, he said she should "go back to the kitchen" and "make me some bacon and eggs."

If I were in charge, I wouldn't fire him, but I'd certainly bench him for a game or two.

Seriously...would it have been acceptable if he'd been similarly insensitive towards a racial group? Told an Italian-American, Latino, Jewish, or whatever-else official to "Go back to the...[insensitive whatever]"?

Anyway, I appreciate his apology, which at least mentioned that she had to work hard to get where she is. Maybe Maxwell should work a little harder so his color commentary isn't off-color commentary.

2 Comments:

At 5:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is comments like these that really make you wonder what was going through his mind....

 
At 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've met "V" personally at camp, and she is a wonderful person, as well as instructor. Obviously, I don't have the experience to critique her, but I think she does a fantastic job on the court and keeps things cool with her soothing personality.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add Me! - Search Engine Optimization