Tuesday, January 22, 2008

One of my favorite things about officiating

is the drive home after a good game. Heart rate slowing down, sense of a job well done.

In the big city, I liked driving from the other side of town, driving through the skyscraper lights.

Tonight, I was at a small, 10,000-ish town about 10 miles away from my town. On my way back to the freeway, I had to drive through the small-town downtown and past the mill where many of the townspeople worked.

I felt the same sense of accomplishment surrounded by nighttime scenery. It's the same thing, just in a different place.

1 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of my favorite things is a good hot shower. That's when I start to relax and think about the game.

On my drive home, I usually have a good ACC game on my XM radio. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add Me! - Search Engine Optimization