Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Knee part deux

It's Chondromalacia patella.

Doctor poked and rubbed my knees and said it's nothing serious. She then said she thought that the branch of the quadriceps muscle that moseys down to the knee felt "underdeveloped." Nice doctorly word for "weakling." Ah, the perils of the non-athlete official...

So she put me on a BUNCH of ibuprofen (I won't take that much...it doesn't hurt much) and suggested I ice it. And get good shoes. And stop sitting on my feet like I'm a pretzel. ("You could get away with that at 12, but not after 35," she said.)

More importantly, she's setting me up with a physical therapist--I would imagine to strengthen my legs. Maybe, before too long, I can be mistaken for an athlete.

I'll give it a few weeks and then make the call about camp.

1 Comments:

At 5:12 AM, Blogger tommyspoon said...

I guessed the wrong complimentary muscle. Ah well...

Glad to hear this is nothing serious. The physical therapist should do you a world of good. And don't be stingy with the pain meds if you are in pain! Pain prevents healing. My Dad learned that lesson the hard way in 2005.

Get better soon! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add Me! - Search Engine Optimization